Flipkart is a India’s largest online shopping website. If you are planning to start multi-vendor ecommerce website like Flipkart, but you don’t know how flipkart works? You are in right place, read further..
There are two types of ecommerce business models:
- Inventory model
- Marketplace model.
Lets see these ecommerce business models in detail:
What is inventory model?
Shopping websites where online buyers choose from among products owned by the online shopping company or shopping website take care of the whole process end-to-end, starting with product purchase, warehousing and ending with product dispatch.
What is Marketplace model?
E-commerce marketplace model adheres to the standards and directions of a zero inventory model. The e-commerce marketplace becomes a digital platform for buyers and sellers without warehousing the products. Marketplaces do offer shipment, delivery and payment help to sellers by tying up with some selected logistics companies and financial institutions.
Lets see how flipkart works & what type of ecommerce model flipkart follows in their business.
So how Flipkart works? What is the Business Model of Flipkart?
Flipkart started with inventory model, but now they shifted to marketplace model. With a marketplace model, Flipkart will no longer have an inventory of its own, rather buyers can deal with sellers directly and the delivery will be done by Flipkart. The model will be similar to Amazon, eBay India or Tradus.
Flipkart Business Model
A marketplace typically generates a commission on each sale, charges listing fees for sellers and also generates additional revenue through services such as payments, logistics and advertising. It also is seen as more of a profitable business model than inventory model(selling goods directly).
The sale can happen through many channels: Website, Web App, Mobile App (Android, iOS, etc.), Affiliate Networks (Coupon Websites, Review Websites, and Bloggers etc), Social Buy
Apart from the marketplace, Flipkart has four other key businesses: online fashion retailer Myntra; eKart Logistics, its massive logistics arm that is fast expanding its third-party business to become a meaningful contributor to Flipkart’s financials; ad sales; and PhonePe, a mobile payments start-up that it acquired.
How to start website like Flipkart?
If you are planning to build a similar ecommerce website like Flipkart, as a leading ecommerce website development company in India, we can assist you.
Evol Technologies offers you a one stop solution for your ecommerce business. A good online store is a best way to communicate your point across, we become your best assistant in building your first ecommerce interface between you and your customers.
Have a look at those incredible features for bettering the shopping experience:
- Warm welcome your visitors with Stunning Storefront and turn them into customers.
- You’ll definitely love the mobile interface and you don’t have to think about another app.
- User registration form enables visitors to create account and alert them for future discounts and offers.
- With Social Ready, you can drive traffic to your store from social media sites like facebook, twitter etc.
- Your customers will enjoy their overall shopping experience with the Fast, Easy & Secure Checkout.
- Fully integrated with the best payment gateways of India.
- Multiple payment solution let the customers choose their mode of payment and make buying easy.
- Add products, upload photos, set stock levels and more exciting options in your Admin Panel.
- Individual Product description page where user can enter the product’s weight, size and other details.
- Customer feedback forum where customer can write their suggestions on improving your product.
- Keep track of your visitors and their location with integrated google analytics.
- With built-in SEO tools be search engine friendly and get more customers.
- Get world-class support from our experts whenever you need it.
So now you might be asking yourself, how much does it cost to build website like Flipkart?
So how much does it cost to develop a website like Flipkart or Snapdeal or Amazon?
Here is our answer, if you want to start similar website like Flipkart or Snapdeal or Amazon using our ready-made ecommerce solution- Eshop doesn’t incur expenses on licenses purchase, equipment, installations or necessary adjustments – the starting costs are pretty small for startup, and of all, it is the one-time price!
A good online store is a best way to communicate your point across, we become your best assistant in building your first ecommerce interface between you and your customers.
It’s time to contact us! Lets discuss how Flipkart works? how we can work together to build your business online using a similar ecommerce website like Flipkart, etc.
Hurry! It is the right time to get into the eCommerce business! Get started today!!