Have you googled your business recently? What it shows? Wouldn’t it be nice to see a display that instantly gives customers your location, address, hours of operation, phone number, link to your website and customer reviews? No It’s not a dream. Every small business can make an awesome digital display, that shows up on Google. How? By using Google My Business.
Google My Business is a free marketing tool that connects customers with businesses. It was introduced in 2014, bringing much needed simplicity to businesses around the world and allowing businesses to easily maintain internet visibility and improve customer engagement online.
By spending a few hours creating an account, you can drastically increase your chances of being found online and collecting revenue. Google says 50 percent of mobile consumers that search for a local business visit it within a day of the search, and 18 percent of consumers make a purchase. Sound like something your business should be a part of? Absolutely.
Google My Business not only create the display mentioned above, but has a lot to offer. Lets see what are the advantages of this.
- It’s free. Yes, FREE.
- It serves as the ultimate business directory with pertinent business information accessible to customers instantly.
- All of the information you list is clickable. Customers can click your phone number to call on their smartphones, or tap your website address to see your site.
- The information looks great on any device, including smartphones.
- Both local and online businesses can use it.
- You can post pictures and videos to your page.
- You can access metrics to see how many people are looking for and finding your site.
- It drives traffic to your website.
- Customers can read and add reviews.
- You have one centralized dashboard with access to Google+, Insights, Reviews, Hangouts and Google Analytics.
How to set up?
1. Get started by signing up with Google My Business.
2. If your business has a physical address, you’ll enter it. If your business is online, you’ll create a brand page.
3. If you don’t have a Google+ account, you’ll have to set up one up at the same time.
4. Verify your business by postcard or phone. None of the information you enter will appear online until you verify your business. You can enter information while you’re waiting for the verification process though.
5. Enter business information.
A Look at Google My Business
Reasons You Will Like Google My Business
Less Time Wasted: If you have not yest registered your business with Google, Google Maps, Google+ and Google Search, this can now be done in one simple click. Similarly, any future updates can be made to your Google account and updates will be made to all!
Consolidated Review Stats: Prior to Google my Business, reviews for your business only came from Google+ Local. With Google My Business, a major and very significant new feature is the consolidation of review stats from major online review sites on the web.
Faster Update Speeds For Bulk Uploads: If your business has multiple locations you can make changes to all using the new Google My Business dashboard. This service overtakes Google Places Bulk upload, and promises faster updates and better social features in the future. However, besides the new name (‘Google My Business Locations’), the updates for this tool have not yet been completely rolled out.
Non-Local Businesses Benefit Too: Even if your business does not have a Google Maps location (i.e. your business is not a local business), you can still be listed on Google My Business. That means you can engage with your fans and followers and benefit from the consolidated Reviews dashboard and Insights feature.
Four out of five consumers conduct local searches on search engines to try and find the right business to meet their needs. Google My Business can connect your business with customers on the other end of those searches. With just a small investment of time, you can create a free way to attract customers. Still you don’t have an idea on how to generate more leads for your business? Don’t worry, Evol Technologies is there with a plenty of solutions for you. We will help you to grow. Contact us!